Translate

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Duckhorn Three Palms Vineyard Merlot

I have been told that Duckhorn is well known for their Merlot, but the cost is usually $85 a bottle.  Two summers ago, I was able to get six bottles of the Three Palms 2005 vintage at $52 each.   Apparently, the wine distributor was able get a fantastic deal for the cases and in turn the store was able to sell the wine at a lower price.  I got super lucky on the deal and the 2005 vintage was incredible!  This easily makes my top ten.

This is a serious wine for serious people and I say that with some truth.  It certainly isn't for the timid.  It is bold, spicy, rich, red fruit forward and layered with chocolate and spice accents.  Whether you buy this at $52 or $85, you certainly want to take time to appreciate its complexity and elegance.  Wine Enthusiast 94 points.

$85

Overall: 94 (Excellent - A Must Try!)



No comments:

Post a Comment