Translate

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Opus One 2005

It was unfortunate that I was disappointed when I tried Opus One.  It was just as AMAZING as I had imagined, but I couldn't justify paying $129 for 375ml (half- bottle). Respectfully, in my opinion, there are wines under $80 that are just as good and possibly better (listed below).  I know that I may be comparing "apples to oranges," but when you're on a budget...

Celani Family Tenacious Napa Valley 2006, 2007 - Cabernet Sauvignon $64
Shafer Relentless Napa Valley 2007 - Syrah $60
Orin Swift Papillon Napa Valley 2007 - $70 

Opus One is produced and bottled by Robert Mondavi and Baron Philippe De Rothschild, Oakville, California. It's a classic Bordeaux style blend of 88% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Merlot, 3% Petit Verdot, 3% Cabernet Franc, 1% Malbec.  Wine Advocate 95 points.

$259  

Overall: 96 (Excellent - A Must Try!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment