Translate

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Macallan 12 - Single Malt Scotch

To me, there's nothing better than enjoying a scotch or bourbon while strategizing my next move of Carcassonne.  My friend (Mark) and I shared this mini bottle of The Macallan 12Immediately, after the first sip, I wished I had bought a fifth.  It was so good and the word "good" doesn't even begin to describe it.  After the initial sweetness (matured in Spanish sherry oak casks for a minimum of 12 years), the depth of flavors were overwhelming.  It was such an amazing palate experience of vanilla, sweet toffee, dried fruits and wood smoke.  

If you're a beginner scotch enthusiast like me, I would recommend The Macallan 12 as your "second tasting."  Try The Glenlivet 12 first so that you can understand the peaty flavor profile, then try The Macallan 12.  If you're courageous like I am, try Ardbeg Uigeadail and only if you can get a mini bottle or a friend is offering you a taste.  It'll be a waste of excellent scotch if you buy a fifth and don't enjoy it.  Ardbeg Uigeadail is delicious and truly for those who enjoy its intense peaty notes.  It has such a beautiful balance of sweet, spicy and deep smoky flavors. 

$54
Overall: 96 (Excellent - A Must Try!)
           
































No comments:

Post a Comment