Translate

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Ardbeg Uigeadail - Single Malt Scotch

The richness and complexity of Ardbeg Uigeadail (pronounced 'Oog-a-dal') is intense and I love it.  I am facinated with the perfect marriage of sweet, spicy and deep smoky flavors. It is from the Islay region which is known for heavier, more smoky scotch varieties.  There are eight distilleries and each have their own unique expressions.

Bowmore and Laphroaig (pronounced La-FROYG) are also from the Islay region.  For a beginner like me, I will try Laphroaig 10 next. 

I was lucky to find a 50 ml bottle of Ardbeg Uigeadail. It's always a risk on trying new things especially higher quality wines, bourbons and scotches without "breaking the bank."  The greater challenge is hoping that the money you spent was worth it.  The six dollars I spent was worth it.  In fact, I will definitely invest in a 750 ml bottle next time. 

$79

Overall: 98 (Excellent - A Must Try!)




     
                     

No comments:

Post a Comment