Translate

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Klinker Brick Old Vine Zinfandel

Klinker Brick Old Vine Zinfandel will forever be in my top 10 wines.  It could be my every day wine.  I was introduced to this bottle by Rishi from International Beverage Co. in Grand Rapids, Michigan.  My first experience was terrible, but it was entirely my fault.  I had poured the bottle into a decanter and thought the wine would "open up" after a couple of days.

Every vintage is as good as the last.  It is produced and bottled at the Klinker Brick Winery in Acampo, California.  This is a very fruit forward wine, deep and rich with earthy, chocolate nuances.  It has won several gold medals at the San Francisco International Wine Competition.  I believe this is a great bottle to break out for guests who are just trying wines for the first time or for those who have no idea what Zinfandel is.  Overall, it's a treat for everyone!        

$17

Overall: 92 (Very Good)






   

No comments:

Post a Comment