Translate

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Glenlivet 12 - Single Malt Scotch

In my opinion, it is important to find a store that has patient, knowledgable and friendly staff when you are learning to become enthusiasts in wine or bourbon or scotch.  Over the years, I wouldn't have stumbled upon so many amazing bottles of wine had it not been for Rishi, Swetang, and the owners of Morgan & York.  I also wouldn't have continued with my curiosity into bourbon and scotch territory had it not been for my friend Adam and the owners of Stadium Market.

A few months ago, we were over at my friend Tom's house.  He was showing a group of us his scotch collection, Oban and Laphroiag.  That "showing" sparked my curiosity even more.  I figured if I liked bourbon, I should like scotch too.  I stopped by Stadium Market and Vernon suggested that I try The Glenlivet 12 (Wine Enthusiast 90 points).  I bought a 50 ml bottle and I liked it so much that I have bought 2 more (50 ml) bottles.  Of course it's more cost-effective to purchase a fifth, but I'm holding out for Oban 14.  

The Glenlivet, Glenfiddich, Aberlour, and The Macallan are all from the Speyside region. 

$37    

Overall: 92 (Very Good)

  

        

No comments:

Post a Comment